mandag den 23. november 2009

Decks to be on the look-out for!

Oooh, goody! I get to talk about tarot and beautiful artwork, two of my favorite things! Now, something you should know about me and deck collecting, is that I don't. I'm a student, a high-school student at that, I don't have a lot of cash, nor a lot of space, plus I find tarot collecting to be a poor investment. Cards just aren't a good thing to be collected in my mind, they're meant to be used, otherwise they serve no purpose (to me at least). That being said, I have nothing against anyone else collecting, and I love to look at the pretty pictures! :) The following decks'll be any unfinished decks, or decks that don't have a publisher yet, that I'm on the lookout for. Lemme know in the comments if you know of any other pretty ones!

Shadowscapes Tarot
This deck has a really misleading name. I don't like decks that are focused around just one color, they're just tired, and when I clicked on this name, I was expecting a black and purple, pseudo-gothic deck. This is the furthest thing from the truth! It's made of beautiful watercolor paintings, absolutely brimming with symbolism. The author has published a book with prints and some other things, but I, for one, am holding out for the real thing (which she projects will be published some time in 2010.) Look around the rest of her site, she's amazing.

Melissa Lenormand
Ay! I'm so madly in love with this deck, it's so beautiful! It's a collage deck (my favorite!) of vintage post cards and vintage advertising. Each of these cards just take me off into another world, I'm back to the fifties! The women of this deck are even more amazing. They really are hauntingly beautiful, I can imagine these women speaking Trans-Atlantic English to me, and buying bonds to support our troops (lol). I'm not sure why they speak to me so much, but they really do. I've talked to the deck's creator, and she's expecting to be finished with the cards in a few
weeks, then she'll have to find a publisher or self-publish them, so they won't be out for a while.

A Passage in Time Tarot
To a history buff like me, this deck is like candy, orgasms, chocolate, and dr. pepper, all rolled into one. It takes historical figures, and aligns them with the major arcana, then uses historical periods for each of the minors. I just found this deck (like five minutes ago!) and it's on my watch list! I love it! The author of this deck is currently seeking a publisher.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar