mandag den 9. november 2009

My introduction

Hello, hello, hello!

This post is going to just be a bit of an overview of me, my life, and my interests, to get to know me better, as well as explaining the purpose of this blog. At some point later, I'd like to talk some more about how I got into the tarot, but that'd be a whole post in itself.

So, just a quick overview, my name is Tyler, but if you know my online, you probably know me as ILuvEire. I'm 16, I like in Austin, TX, and I love tarot. I love everything about it! I've been somewhat interested in mysticism and the occult for a very long time, however lately I've come down to earth about things. I take a very mundane approach to the tarot and other forms of divination.

In my free time (that's not already devoted to tarot) I learn languages and listen to music. Nothing makes me happier than a little music in a foreign language! I know pretty decent Danish, Italian, and German, and right now I'm studying Hebrew, Finnish, and Mandarin. Let me know if you speak any of these, or you're a learner! I never shut up about languages, so I'm always happy to find someone to talk to!

Music-wise, I really like a wide genre of music, pretty much anything...Just a random sampling: Jeffree Star, the Dresden Dolls, Lady Gaga, Leftover Crack, Lily Allen, Shakira, Sys Bjerre, Klaus Nomi, Chisu, Efrat Gosh, and Hadag Nachash. I know, I know, I can't even find a common theme in them all!

As far as the tarot, well, lessee...I feel that they are a tool, that can be used for a variety of purposes. I get a lot of religious people who feel that the tarot are a bad thing, they're not inherently evil or something! Right now, I use them mostly for meditative purposes! It helps me to do a daily draw, then study the meaning of the card, then meditate on that to see how I can apply that to my every day life.

I'm planning this blog to help myself and any other student to progress through the tarot, card by card, day by day. That's how I do things, I like to take big projects and split them up into little easily accomplishable pieces, that's the only way I can get anything done. So that's my goal, to do a daily draw as frequently as possible, however I have a feeling that life will get in my way, so I'm making no promises!

Besides the daily draw, I want to just set aside some time every week to talk about general tarot related things, my bag of tips and tricks, if you will. There's also other things that I feel may be useful to the tarot student, links all over the web, books upon books of knowledge, and of course more decks than anyone could ever use in their life time, that I feel need to be reviewed. And who could we get to do this job? Why, maybe this guy! Just to tease you, I've got a reviews running around my head for the Golden Tarot, the Energetic Lenormad, and the Universal Waite.

Now, I will guarantee you that the daily draws will not start any earlier than the 16th of November, because I dont have a deck to work with yet. The Universal Waite deck that I'd been using for years lost four Major Arcana when we moved (I'm suspecting that the culprit was my pet dog) so I had to get a new deck. I chose the Golden Tarot, it'll arrive from Amazon sometime after the 16th, because it apparently takes three weeks to ship a little box through two states. :P

Thanks for sticking with me, I know this first post was a biggun, I get pretty verbose sometimes. I'll see you on the other side!

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar